What Is Robotic Automation?
Robotic automation refers to a style of automation where a machine, or computer, mimics a human’s action in completing rules based tasks.
Explain The Characteristics Of Rpa?
RPA doesn’t require programming skills. Employees with any subject expertise can be trained to automate RPA tools instantly. The whole work revolves around RPA chart which provides a flowchart designer to graphically link, drag and drop icons to represent steps in a process.
RPA adoption originates within business operations rather inside IT departments. RPA projects require less IT skills and less investment. Eventually, the automation is lowered at a substantial rate.
RPA avoids complexity and risk. The software robots access end users systems via a controlled user interface, hence reducing the necessity of underlying systems programming.
What Are The Benefits Of Rpa?
RPA speeds up and executes perfect accuracy across different fields viz. banking, healthcare, insurance, telecom, communications, etc. Virtually complex programs are automated on a wide-range by improving the transaction process.
RPA will increase productivity across varied industries. One Software robot is efficient of accomplishing the work of approximately 3 employees. This innovation builds positive ROI much faster than expected. Moreover, cost productions might reach 20% in time.
RPA is highly flexible and scalable with reduced time of induction. Robots perform massive complex operations in parallel, starting from desktop to cloud environments. All this operation is carried out, by allowing multiple users to monitor and control robots from various business units through a single secure device.
Gathering agile and exhaustive data enable better management and insights into forever growing business enhancements. Improved governance is achieved through a prescribed set of automation tools.
Implementing RPA within an enterprise has shown a drastic reduction in overall costs when compared to traditional non-RPA methods.
What Are The Popular RPA Vendors?
Popular RPA Vendors are:
- Automation Anywhere
- Blue Prism
What Is Blue Prism’s Robotic Automation?
Robotic Automation refers to process Automation’s where computer software drives existing enterprise application software in the same way that a user does.
Automation is a tool or platform that operates other application software through the existing application user interface.
Is Robotic Automation Like Screen Scraping Or Macros?
No, clerical Robotic Automation is a generation on from old technologies like screen scraping or macros.
The major differences are:
Robots are universal application orchestrators – any application that can be used by a person can be used by a modern robot, whether mainframe, legacy, bespoke application, web service enabled or even a closed 3rd party API hosted service.
Robots collect procedural knowledge which over time build into a shared library that can re-used by any other robot or device (in the same way objects are built in traditional SW engineering).
Applications are “read” by the robot, either through dedicated APIs where they exist, through the OS prior to application display, or through the screen in the context of the native application. In this last case the modern robot “reads” an application screen in context and in the same way a user does. As part of the robot training it is shown how to read the application’s display much like a user is shown.
Is Blue Prism An RPA Tool?
Yes, Blue Prism is an RPA Tool.
What Systems Can Blue Prism Roboticaly Integrate?
Blue Prism has incorporated many years of experience of integration and numerous technologies into its software. The technologies used are secure, reliable and robust. Instead of creating new adaptors for each unique application we have developed technology adaptors for all the technologies employed at the presentation layer, Java, Windows, Web, Green Screen/Mainframe and even Citrix.
This coupled with a wide range of dedicated tools that have been developed means that we are confident in being able to link any system with the click of a button. This proven application orchestration capability ensures that new processes can be rapidly designed, built and tested without any impact on existing systems.
What Hardware Infrastructure Do I Need To Run Blue Prism’s Robotic Automation Platform?
Blue Prism has been designed for flexibility and to meet the most robust IT standards for IT operational integrity, security and supportability. The software can be deployed either as a front office or back office process, running quite happily on a standard desktop in the front office or on any scale of systems for back office processing.
What Is Process Studio?
A Blue Prism Process is created as a diagram that looks much like a common business flow diagram.
Processes are created in an area of Blue Prism named Process Studio which, as we will see, looks similar to other process modeling applications (such MS Visio) and uses standard flow diagram symbols and notation.
Is Blue Prism’s Robotic Automation Plaftorm Secure And Auditable?
- Security and auditability are built into the Blue Prism robotic automation platform at several levels. The runtime environment is completely separate to the process editing environment.
- Permissions to design, create, edit and run processes and business objects are specific to each authorised user.
- A full audit trail of changes to any process is kept, and comparisons of the before and after effect of changes are provided.
- The log created at run-time for each process provides a detailed, time-stamped history of every action and decision taken within an automated process.
- Our clients tend to find that running a process with Blue Prism gives them a lot more control than a manual process, and from a compliance point of view assures that processes are run consistently, in line with the process definition.
How Do I Get Started On Delivering Processes Using Blue Prism?
Blue Prism recommends a phased approach to getting started as the Operational Agility framework is eminently scalable. It is typical to target the configuration of between 1 and 10 processes initially with a rolling program of processes being introduced once the framework is established.
What Support Do I Need From Blue Prism Professional Services?
It really depends on the skills you already have in house and the way you wish to work. Blue Prism can provide a full range of services from basic training, support and mentoring with a view to quickly getting your team independently delivering ongoing automations, right through to a full turnkey package where we will take responsibility for delivering business benefit within agreed service levels.
Why Blue Prism?
- Automation process can be designed within IT Governance
- Supports both internal and external Encryption/Decryption Keys
- Provides Audit Logs enabling
- High level Robustness because of .NET customized code within the process automation (Tool is capable of doing all the activities whatever can be done using .NET)
How Long Until My Team Are Self-sufficient In Developing Automated Processes?
The initial 3 day training course provides the basic knowledge required to begin creating automated processes. Candidates can expect to achieve full accreditation within the timeframe of the project for the initial Operational Agility framework creation. During this time the trainees are delivering automated processes into the production environment therefore generating business benefit.
How Much Does Robotic Automation Cost?
A “fully loaded” office robot is approximately a 1/3rd the cost of globally sourced agents. The flexibility and ease of deployment means that this comparison is easy to maintain and judge the nest approach to a given tasks.
What Is The Difference Between Thin Client And Thick Client?
- Thin client is any application that we cannot get the attribute properties while spying using any RPA tools. For eg , Citrix or any virtual environment.
- And thick client is any application that we get pretty handful of attribute properties using RPA tools eg calculator, Internet explorer
- To gain in-depth knowledge and be on par with practical experience, then explore RPA Training Course.
Does Blue Prism Require Coding?
- Blue Prism’s digital workforce is built, managed and owned by the user or customer, spanning operations and technology, adhering to an enterprise-wide robotic operating model.
- It is code-free and can automate any software.
- The digital workforce can be applied to automate processes in any department where clerical or administrative work is performed across an organization.
What Are The Differences Between Blue Prism And Uipath?
UiPath and Blue Prism both the tools have their respective software/Studio and they are very good. UI and BP both have visual process designers for developing the solutions.
In terms of programming languages:
- Blue Prism Uses C# for coding
- UiPath uses VB for coding
In terms of Control Room/Dashboard
- UiPath control room – The Orchestrator – is web based, you can access it from the browser or mobile.
- BP have client based servers, accessible only through their apps.
In terms of cost and uses:
- Lower cost of development
- Easier to learn and operate
- You can learn by your self
- Study materials are easily available on internet
- Good for mass scale deployment of large number of robots
- Higher cost of acquiring and using BP
- Limited training available as the only source of training is BP
- Training cost of Blue Prism is too high
Explain The Typical Uses Of RPA?
- Double-data entry – user rekeying of data and data entry is made easy from one system to another.
- Application migration – migrates application data and records as part of an upgrade.
- Automation of reports – automates data to provide accurate reports.
- Rule-based decision making – RPA can handle decision matrices efficiently and arrive at simple rule-based decisions accurately.
- Well-defined Processing – Automatically enters inputs from source systems into target systems.
What Are The Advantages Of Using RPA?
By using RPA:
- Revenue is expanded.
- More product is made available on the Internet.
- Promote Self-Service options.
- Present information regarding an issue automatically.
- Efficiency is increased.