QlikView is a leading Business Discovery Platform. It is unique in many ways as compared to the traditional BI platforms. As a data analysis tool, it always maintains the relationship between the data and this relationship can be seen visually using colors. It also shows the data that are not related. It provides both direct and indirect searches by using individual searches in the list boxes.
QlikView’s core and patented technology has the feature of in-memory data processing, which gives superfast result to the users. It calculates aggregations on the fly and compresses data to 10% of original size. Neither users nor developers of QlikView applications manage the relationship between data. It is managed automatically.
Features of QlikView
QlikView has patented technology, which enables it to have many features that are useful in creating advanced reports from multiple data sources quickly. Following is a list of features that makes QlikView very unique.
- Data Association is maintained automatically − QlikView automatically recognizes the relationship between each piece of data that is present in a dataset. Users need not preconfigure the relationship between different data entities.
- Data is held in memory for multiple users, for a super -fast user experience − The structure, data and calculations of a report are all held in the memory (RAM) of the server.
- Aggregations are calculated on the fly as needed − As the data is held in memory, calculations are done on the fly. No need of storing pre-calculated aggregate values.
- Data is compressed to 10% of its original size − QlikView heavily uses data dictionary. Only essential bits of data in memory is required for any analysis. Hence, it compresses the original data to a very small size.
- Visual relationship using colors − The relationship between data is not shown by arrow or lines but by colors. Selecting a piece of data gives specific colors to the related data and another color to unrelated data.
- Direct and Indirect searches − Instead of giving the direct value a user is looking for, they can input some related data and get the exact result because of the data association. Of course, they can also search for a value directly.